A school culture where people embrace diversity in the classroom that can positively impact the school community. When this happens, a school community creates a safe, supportive and purposeful environment for students and staff which, in turn, allows students to grow — academically and socially.
In an increasingly fragmented society, the ability to connect with peers, colleagues and neighbours with diverse backgrounds and abilities is invaluable. Diversity improves critical-thinking skills, builds empathy and encourages our pupils to think differently.
How do we ensure diversity at Penns primary?
1. We re-evaluate our teaching materials
2. We know our pupils
3. We are willing to address inequality
4. We connect with our families and community
5. We meet diverse learning needs
6. We support professional development opportunities
7. We champion differences