• Children with a statement of special educational needs will have their needs considered by the Special Educational Needs Assessment Service (SENAR) in consultation with parents and the governing body.

    • Children looked after by the local authority

    • Children with brothers or sisters already in school who will still be on roll at the time

      the sibling enters school.

    • Children who live nearest to the school by straight - line measurement accorded the higher priority. 


Admission for Pupils September 2021


To apply online – visit


The arrangements for children transferring from another school to Penns are:

    • Parents contact the school directly.

    • An application form will be forwarded to parents or can be downloaded here. Please print and  complete the form and return it to school with acceptable proof of address.

    • If the class is full and no places are available, on receipt of the application form the child’s details are added to the waiting list and the above criteria for admissions is taken into consideration.  
    • We will hold your child's name on the waiting list until the end of the school year. Should you wish to remain on the waiting list please complete another application form and return to school with proof of address after September 1st.
    • Once notified of an available place we would like parent/carers to:

    •  Make appointment to view the school.

    • Once a decision is made to transfer, a start date is fixed. Details and records from the previous school will be forwarded to Penns.