What do we want for our pupils?
1) For our pupils to know that we are there for them
2) For our pupils to understand their emotions and feelings
3) For our pupils to build strong relationships
4) For our pupils to be;ieve in themselves
What do we promote?
1) We promote our school values and create a sense of belonging
2) We celebrate academic and non academic achievements
3) Our pupils have opportunity to reflect
4) We encourage our pupils to speak up and share their voice
MindSafe is a personalised mood progress monitoring tool and journal which allows a child (and their Chosen Adult) to track their wellbeing and access help if and when they want it. Developed with children it is easy to use and a tool they respond well to.
Mood tracking journaling and conversation-support resources are proven to support children’s wellbeing. The social and emotional skills, knowledge and behaviours that young people learn in the classroom can help them to build resilience and set the pattern for how they will manage their mental health throughout their lives.
As part of the process of using MindSafe, children are encouraged to recognise when it might be a good idea to talk to their Chosen Adult and can reach out from within the toolkit to contact them. Chosen adults at Penns Primary are our designated safeguarding leads: Mrs Lowe and Mrs Unsworth
Mindsafe is available to all pupils from Y3 to Y6. Contact the school office for further details and/or you haven't received log on details for your child.
Preparing your child to return to school