Penns Primary School believes that in order to facilitate teaching and learning, good attendance is essential. Pupils cannot achieve their full potential if they do not regularly attend school.
We are committed to:
- Following the framework set in Section 7 of the Education Act 1996 which states that:
‘the parent of every child of compulsory school age shall cause him / her to receive efficient full time education suitable:-
(a) to age, ability and aptitude and
(b) to any special educational needs he/ she may have
Either by regular attendance at school or otherwise’.
- Promoting and modelling good attendance behaviour.
- Ensuring equality and fairness of treatment for all.
- Implementing our policies within the Disability Discrimination Act (2010)
- Early intervention and working with other agencies to ensure the health and safety of our pupils.
- Rewarding regular attendance.
Autumn term 2016 – 97 pupils which is 46% of pupils achieved 100% attendance for the autumn term. Well done.
Highest attending classes - In December were Reception with 98.33%
In February were Year 1 with 98.93%
Best class attendance for March 2016 was Year 4 with 98.66%. Well done.
Spring Term 2016 - 94 pupils have achieved 100% attendance for the Spring term. Year 1 had the highest number of pupils receiving the award.
|Sch||Nat Av||Sch||Nat Av||Sch||Nat Av|
|absent for more than 15% - Persistent absence||2.8||3.6||1.1||2.8||1.6||2.7|
|% overall absence||3.4||4.8||2.9||3.9||2.3||4.0|
Target for 2015-2016
% Persistent absence
i.e. 10% or more sessions.*
|% Overall Absence||2.3|
* persistent absence is now defined more rigorously at 10%